Christ redeemed us at Calvary, when He took our place on the cross.
His death, burial and resurrection, gave us an open invitation to partake of His free gift: “Salvation”:
When we hear, accept and believe it, (1 Corinthians 15: 3-4) we are then adopted into the family of God through Jesus Christ. This is G-r-a-c-e! God’s unconditional love extended to an undeserving people.
“Our Treasure Chest” – is my feeble attempt of comprising a list, although extremely limited in number, to remind Christian brothers and sisters of the numerous spiritual blessings we have in Christ. These are some of the ‘eternal jewels’ of the Christian life, which the Lord – our God, has bestowed on His beloved children, upon our acceptance of God’s free gift of Salvation:
We have been Redeemed, Justified, being Sanctified and will be Glorified through the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary.
The Book of Ephesians tells us that God through His son, Jesus Christ, blessed us with EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING in the heavenly places (Eph. 1:3):
- Has chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world (Eph. 1:4)
- Adopted us as sons (Eph. 1:5)
- We are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints and members of His household (Eph. 2:19)
- Made us accepted in the beloved (Eph. 1:6)
- We have redemption through Jesus’ blood, forgiveness of sins (Eph. 1:7)
- Made known to us the mystery of His will (Eph. 1:9)
- We have obtained an eternal inheritance (Eph. 1:11)
- We have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise (Eph. 1:13)
- We both have access by one Spirit to the Father ( both Jew & Gentile)(Eph. 2:18)
- We have God‘s mercy and love (Eph. 2:4, Eph. 3:17-19)
- We have divine power (Eph. 1:19, 20, Eph. 3:16, 20)
- We have spiritual life (Eph. 2:1)He made us alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins.
- He made us alive together with Christ. (By His grace we have been saved).(Eph. 2:5)
- The promise of His eternal kindness. (Eph. 2:7)
- The knowledge that God’s plan for us is good. (Eph. 2:10)
- Unity and peace with all believers. (Eph. 2:11-18, Eph. 3:6)
- We have boldness and access to God through Christ. (Eph. 3:12)(cf.) Heb.4:16
- Romans 5: 6-11, 2 Corinthians 5:19
18. We have peace and reconciliation with God through Christ
God’s ‘Treasure Chest’ of spiritual blessings is overflowing in abundance, too many to list.
The above list, is merely a glimpse of the spiritual blessings God has in store for us.
1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written:
“Eye have not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for
Those who love Him.”
My prayer is that you will accept these blessings and walk in them… enjoy them. We are not to live a life of defeat, but an abundant life in Christ (Ephesians 3:20; Col. 1:27, Col. 3:3)… He came to give life and to give it more abundantly.(John 10:10)
Romans 8:32 (one of my favorite Bible verses) says – He who spared not His own son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
Open the ‘Treasure Chest’ of blessings which God has provided for you and me and enjoy the riches that are inside – The Holy Bible
May this small article, be a blessing in some way to the many brothers and sisters who have only a head knowledge of God’s spiritual blessings and do not understand how to appropriate them in their Christian walk.
To God be the glory, great things He has done!